OTAQ Plc (“OTAQ”) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how your personal information will be treated when you use or register your personal details on the OTAQ website site, speak to a member of our customer support team visit an OTAQ office or otherwise interact with OTAQ.
This policy relates to both the OTAQ Group Website and all associated microsites that operate under the otaq.com domain.
What personal information does OTAQ collect?
OTAQ collects personal information from you when you provide it to us directly, or through your use of our website, for example:
- Information about yourself and the company you work for, when you make an enquiry through our website. This may include your name and contact details, your company name and company details, information about your role in the company, and how you found our site.
- Records of your interactions with us, e.g. if you send email feedback to our website, ask a technical question, report a problem or otherwise contact us. Please note that if you telephone us, we may record the call for compliance, quality and staff training purposes.
- If you respond to one of our customer surveys.
- If you interact with one of our members of staff, for example at one of our offices or at a trade show or conference or at your premises.
- We may also record certain details of how you use our website, such as the website you came from or are going to, your device’s unique ID, your IP addresses and operating system, adverts you click on, products you search for and information you download. Marketing emails we send you may also automatically detect whether you have received or opened the email or clicked on a link in our marketing materials. We use this information for our own performance measurement, but also so that we can tailor our promotional messages and advertising to you.
How does OTAQ use my personal information?
Depending on how you use the OTAQ website, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To help us fulfil any order you have placed with us and/or provide you with the services you have contracted for.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints you make to our customer service team.
- To improve and maintain OTAQ Group websites, and monitor their usage.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products and services.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your personal information:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process and fulfil your order).
- Because it is in the legitimate interests of OTAQ and your company, where you are submitting orders on your company’s behalf.
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- Because it is in OTAQ’s legitimate interests to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your view of OTAQ websites to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
With whom does OTAQ share my personal information?
OTAQ needs to share information with certain selected third parties in order to operate our business:
- OTAQ Plc is a member of a world-wide group of companies of which it is the parent company. OTAQ shares personal information with other members of the OTAQ Group as necessary to support our services and to improve our customer insights.
- Service Providers: We provide information to our service providers acting on our behalf (for example to companies that provide digital marketing services like product recommendation, statistical analysis, business & operational insight, website optimization), as well as to those third parties involved in the delivery chain (for example freight forwarders, couriers and delivery companies). On occasion, we also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors.
- Government Authorities: Where you order is due for delivery outside the UK, we may need to share information with customs authorities both in the UK and in the country of destination. We may also share personal information with law enforcement or other governmental authority, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- If you purchase any television equipment in the UK, your details will be passed on to the TV Licensing Authority in accordance with the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1967.
- Credit & Fraud Checking: We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- Media: From time to time, we may release aggregated and anonymised marketing statistics to business partners, or may use these in press releases, advertising, or published reports. We would only personally identify you or any other customer in such press releases, advertising, or reports with your prior consent.
- Business or Asset Sale: In the event that we sell any business assets, the personal information of our customers may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In this event, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this privacy statement.
- OTAQ may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of OTAQ, our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Where does OTAQ store my personal information, and how long for?
The OTAQ Group is a global group of companies, and OTAQ also uses service providers based around the world. Consequently, your personal information may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your information than you do under local law. If we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
We keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
What does OTAQ do to protect my personal information?
OTAQ always aim to deliver the highest level of service and security to our customers and the OTAQ website has been specifically designed with security in mind. In order to ensure the security and protection of your personal details whenever you submit any sensitive information we use the industry standard levels encryption – the latest technology to encode and protect your data.
How does OTAQ use my personal information for marketing?
Unless you opted-out when completing an online enquiry, OTAQ may send you emails, call or text you regarding OTAQ products and services. In addition, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products that we feel may be of interest to you It is likely that some or all of these marketing messages may be tailored to you, based on what we know about you and/or your company, for example from your Online Personal Profile, your previous searches and browsing history on OTAQ Online, and your purchase activity.
If you no longer want to hear from us, at any time you can:
- Unsubscribe from emails by clicking on the link in each email
- For investor alerts, unsubscribe on the Invest Alert page
- Email us at: [email protected] or [email protected]
How can I access, update, correct or delete my personal information?
If you have a query regarding your personal information, please contact us using the details below. Under UK data protection law, you have the right to access (including in a machine-readable format), correct, and request the erasure of your personal data, and OTAQ will comply with any requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
You are also entitled to contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law, regulatory guidance or our data privacy practices in compliance with the law. When this happens and where required by law, we will provide you with a new or an updated notice detailing how the use of your personal information is changing and, if necessary, obtain your consent for the further processing.