OTAQ is a world leading marine technology group with 5 offices worldwide serving the aquaculture, offshore energy, diving, oceanographic research and defence sectors. Our Connectors division has an enviable reputation as a leading manufacturer of underwater connectors, inserts, penetrators and moulded solutions with clients around the world including end users, distributors and multinational OEMs. OTAQ is a London main market listed PLC.
As part of continued growth, we are now looking an experienced Senior Engineer to act as Technical Authority for our Connectors division. Based in our Ulverston facility, you will lead the engineering and technical manufacturing aspects of the connectors range. Ideally, you’ll have a background and good working knowledge of underwater connectors that are being used in the offshore energy, ROV or diving sectors. You will bring first class engineering skill (both electrical and mechanical), an eye for detail and an innovative, problem solving mind set. You will work closely with our production team, supporting them with any engineering challenges and helping them to improve production processes where possible.
A key part of the role will also be to provide mechanical design and engineering support to one of our major product development projects. Ideally you will have experience working with fluid dynamics or pumping systems and have designed components or systems used for fluid handling.
• Be the technical authority within the company for all connector products and systems
• Lead mechanical design on a major fluid handling project
• Lead innovation on any new connectors product development
• Support the production team to improve product quality and process
• Face clients requiring technical support or custom solutions
• Implement and manage Product Data Management system (PDM) for connector products
• Support projects across OTAQ Group with mechanical engineering as required
• A formal engineering qualification
• 10 years relevant experience in industry
• Attention to detail
• Experience working with Underwater/ Subsea connectors
• Experienced in use of 3D design system such as Solidworks
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills
• Effective in independent working
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
• Full Clean driving license
• Experience working with Fluid handling/ pumping systems
• Production facility experience
• Product Data Management (PDM) system experience
Place of work: The role will be based in our Ulverston office. Occasional travel to other OTAQ offices or client sites will be required.
Hours of work: Normal working hours will be 37.5 hours per week; 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
Reporting: A successful candidate will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
Salary: £30-£40,000 depending on experience
Package; Company pension scheme, employee share scheme, cycle to work, flexible working policy