HSE lead required for exciting opportunity with a leading Aquaculture Technology Group
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality management systems across the group of UK businesses are continuously developed to deliver excellence.
The position will based at our Ulverston production facility but will also require periodic visits to our offices in Lancaster and Aberdeen. Travel to customer sites on occasion may also be required
Key Duties of the SHEQ Lead:
- Maintains QMS credentials such as ISO 9001 and assist with gaining ISO 45001 / 14001 accreditation
- Develops and maintain Group procedures
- Generating reports through Power BI
- Routinely reviews, analyses and reports SHEQ metrics
- Monitors and reports progress of corrective actions
- Ensures facilities and site inspections throughout the UK are undertaken when required
- Undertakes ad-hoc and scheduled audits of working practices and monitor culture in all group businesses
- Provides a knowledge resource on SHEQ matters for all UK staff
- Assists in developing SHEQ KPIs with the Chief Operation Officer
- Collate relevant customer KPI data
- Together with HR colleagues, supports training of staff to ensure they are equipped to comply with SHEQ requirements
- Keep up-to-date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of HSE legislation and any developments that may affect the industry.
- Performs duties in accordance with all relevant legislation, in particular, the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Coordinates and facilitates audits by accreditation bodies and other third parties
- Assist personnel to generate Risk Assessments and good working practices
Qualifications of the SHEQ Co-Ordinator:
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a safety, health, environmental and/or quality improvement role.
- Knowledge of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Management systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills