- Design of electronic hardware for embedded systems, involving both analogue hardware (such as audio drivers) and digital hardware (such as microcontrollers, DSP and FPGA devices).
- Design of firmware for embedded systems, including coding, emulating and debugging.
- Production of manufacturing data, including schematics, bills-of-material and assembly procedures.
- Liaison with customers to identify their design requirements, create detailed specifications and to ensure their requirements are achieved.
- Individual project management – taking responsibility for defining and managing tasks, and monitoring project progress.
- Testing of systems and subsystems, including preparation of test procedures and test records.
Qualifications and experience:
- A formal electronic engineering qualification, preferably a 2.2 – or higher – degree qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an electronics design role.
- Experience within the subsea acoustics sector and knowledge of audio amplifier design will be beneficial.
- A knowledge of Altium is advantageous but not essential.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to organise and manage own time effectively.
- Strong, demonstrated, interpersonal communications and time management skills.